New Olympus OM-D EM-1 Mark II Details
New information has surfaced regarding the forthcoming successor to the Olympus OM-D EM-1. The Olympus OM-D EM-1 Mark II as it is currently being called will be launched at Photokina 2016 in September this year and we are told it will include the following features:
- Advance High Resolution mode.
- Possible inclusion of 4k video capture.
- A new advanced auto-focus system aimed at Sports shooters and professionals.
- A new improved viewfinder.
- New advance Image Stabilization.
- Other sweeping improvements over it’s older sibling.
- Price will be similar to the OM-D EM-1
Nothing concrete then but some interesting speculation about where Olympus is taking their flagship mirrorless camera. competition is tough in this sector, so we would expect the camera to be packing some pretty serious specs. If the EM-1 Mark II is to match the likes of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 then expect 20 megapixels plus for the sensor and a possible increase in continuous shooting speeds to match the rumored new auto-focus system. 4k makes sense too, as most of the cameras in this category now feature it as standard. It will be interesting to see if Olympus get this as right as they got the original OM-D EM-1.