The D810 Successor WILL be Called the D850
So it sounds like Nikon have decided to skip a couple of numbers in the naming scheme for their latest FX-format camera. Until today we were unsure if it would be called the D820 or the D850 but confirmation has now come in that it will be the latter. The camera is rumored to be announced tomorrow, although leak activity has been low this last week so unless Nikon have employed someone from Sony to handle their info security then we may have to wait a little longer. Here is what we know:
- Features the D5 autofocus system.
- Will be called the D850
- Nikon is already planning the marketing material for the new camera
- The sensor will be between 45-46MP
- The D850 is expected to be better at low and high ISO compared to Canon and better than the D810
- The D850 could come with a new and improved version of SnapBridge
- No built-in GPS
- Tiltable LCD screen just like the D750 and D500
- The memory card slots will be the same as in the D500: one SD and one XQD
Check back tomorrow incase the announcement goes ahead!