Mr Blue | Nov 8, 2017 | 0
EOS 5Ds R Mark II Specifications Surface!
With the release of the 5D Mark IV last year, Canon put a pretty firm stamp on their position at the top of the pile when it comes to full frame professional DSLRs, but what if you just want more? Well the latest rumor suggests that Canon are working on a successor for the 5Ds R, in other words a 5D Mark IV with the image quality throttled up to 11. Check out the rumored specifications below:
- No low pass filter, hence the ‘R’
- All new 60.1mp image sensor.
- A new type of low megapixel mode.
- 4K video (video is not a big part of the cameras design).
- Identical body to the EOS 5D Mark IV.
- Focus peaking present, may appear first on another DSLR.
- Expect all the other features such as DPAF, Wifi, Touchscreen and GPS.
It is unlikely that the 5Ds R Mark II will be arriving anytime soon (if at all!) but the latter half of next year would seem like a reasonable estimate if such a camera was coming.