Mr Blue | Nov 8, 2017 | 0
Canon Powershot G1 X Mark III Official!
Canon have officially unveiled the Powershot G1 X Mark III, the latest in the firm’s flagship line-up of point and shoot cameras. The G1 X is of course notable for being the first of it’s kind from Canon to utilize an APS-C sensor, the stalwart 24.2 MP CMOS DPAF unit which appears across the company’s range of cameras. The camera also features an extremely compact 24-72mm lens with OIS, and can of course capture Full HD video. To top it off the G1 X Mark III is also dust and waterproof, quite the little beast!
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- 3x Zoom Lens, 24-72mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Built-In Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Image Stabilizer
- ISO 25600, 9 fps Continuous Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, Bluetooth
- Dust- and Water-Resistant Construction
The only part of the G1 X Mark III package that some might find hard to swallow will be the price, $1,299 is a lot to ask for a point and shoot and could easily nab you an EOS 80D body (which uses the same sensor!) with spare change for a cheap lens. I must admit though, I’d like one! Grab your pre-orders at the following links:
- Canon Powershot G1 X Mark III at B&H Photo, Amazon.com