Mr Blue | Apr 10, 2018 | 0
Nikon Announces new AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lenses
Alongside the announcement of Nikon’s new entry-level DX-Format DSLR camera, the Nikon D3400, Nikon have also announced two new AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED lenses. One with onboard VR and one without.
The two new lenses are priced at $346.95 for the AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED, and $396.95 for the AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR. The lenses are available to purchase individually, and the regular AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED is also available in kit form, bundled with the new D3400 and the new Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G. Pre-orders are live at the following links:
- Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR ($396.95) at B&H Photo, Amazon.com
- Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED ($346.95) at B&H Photo, Amazon.com
Twin Lens Kit:
- Nikon D3400 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 70-300mm Lens at B&H Photo
Be sure to check out D3400 release information HERE.
AF-P lenses with fast and quiet autofocusing through the adoption of a stepping motor Telephoto zoom lenses compatible with the Nikon DX format
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED, two telephoto zoom lenses compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras.
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED are 4.3x telephoto zoom lenses covering the 70-300mm range of focal lengths (effective angles of view equivalent to those of a lens with 105-450mm focal lengths in FX and 35mm  formats) and maximum apertures of f/4.5-6.3.
These AF-P lenses*1, for which a stepping motor has been adopted to drive autofocus, ensure fast and quiet AF. The benefits of smooth and quiet AF are also demonstrated with movie recording. These lenses were also designed to be compact and lightweight, making them extremely portable, despite the fact that they are telephoto zoom lenses.
An ED lens element has been adopted for suppression of all types of aberration to achieve excellent optical performance. What’s more, the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR is equipped with a Vibration Reduction (VR) function that offers image-stabilization compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop*2 increase in shutter speed (measured in accordance with CIPA standards).
These easy-to-use telephoto zoom lenses, which offer both superior AF performance and excellent portability, are the perfect lenses for those looking to expand photographic possibilities and their own skills with a digital SLR camera.
- AF-P lenses that achieve fast and quiet AF with adoption of a stepping motor for AF drive operation
- Compact and lightweight, 4.3x telephoto zoom lenses that support the 70-300mm (angle of view equivalent to that of a lens with focal lengths of 105-450mm in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths and maximum apertures of f/4.5-6.3 compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras
- Adoption of an ED lens element achieves excellent optical performance in which various types of aberration are effectively suppressed
- Equipped with a VR function offering image-stabilization compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop*2 increase in shutter speed with measurement according to CIPA standards (AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR only)
*1Because AF-P lenses incorporate a stepping motor, the number of compatible cameras is limited. Even for compatible cameras, firmware update may be required.
*2Measured in accordance with CIPA standards using a DX-format digital SLR camera. Measured at the maximum telephoto position.