Canon Files Second Patent for 28-560mm Lens
We first reported a patent for this lens back in May 2016 and it seems that, crazy as it sounds, Canon are still working on it. An updated patent has just been filed this August!
A replacement for the long-in-the-tooth 28-300mmf/3.5-5.6L IS has long been rumored, but I still don’t think this is it. The physical dimensions of this patented lens reveal a massive 120mm diameter on the front, so it’s not at all comparable in size to the existing 28-300.
Patent Publication No. 2016-142795
- Published 2016.8.8
- Filing date 2015.1.30
- Zoom ratio 18.86
- Focal length 28.80 119.57 543.20
- F-number 2.88 4.56 5.88
- Half angle of view (degrees) 36.91 10.26 2.28
- Image height 21.64 21.64 21.64
- The total lens length 281.07 331.07 385.01
- BF 53.05 61.31 40.00
- The effective diameter of the front lens 120.00
Via: CR / Egami