Fuji X-Pro2, X-T2, X-T1 and EF-X500 Receive Firmware Updates
- Fujifilm X-T1 Firmware ver. 5.10
- Fujifilm X-T2 Firmware ver. 1.20
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 Firmware ver. 2.10
- EF-X500 FirmwareUpdate Ver.1.02
Of particular note here is a fix for the above cameras when using the EF-X500 which rectifies an alarming issue which would cause the batteries in some units to heat up dramatically whilst in standby mode.
FUJIFILM to Release Latest Firmware Updates for EF-X500 Flash
March 21, 2017
To Our Customers Using the EF-X500 Flash:
An EF-X500 flash owner has reported to us an occurrence of the alkaline batteries in the flash unit becoming very hot when the EF-X500 was in stand-by mode. As a result of our investigation, certain phenomena could arise in rare instances when certain EF-X500 units are in stand-by mode and when a communication error occurs between the camera and this flash unit.
The phenomena below could occur in the aforementioned instances:
- 1. The applicable EF-X500 flash unit does not properly respond to turn on from stand-by mode.
- 2. The alkaline batteries may become increasingly hot. If you try to take the batteries out of the EF-X500 flash unit without turning the flash off and/or disconnecting the flash unit from the camera and letting the batteries cool down, a skin burn could occur.
A firmware upgrade is now available to address and prevent this potential occurrence in relevant EF-X500 units.
Accordingly, we recommend that applicable product owners upgrade their EF-X500 flash firmware to version 1.02 which is posted on the firmware download site.
The serial numbers of the flashes which requires this firmware upgrade can be checked in the searching form below. If the serial number is not applicable, the firmware of your EF-X500 flash unit does NOT need upgrading.
We appreciate your continued support for the Fujifilm brand, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
- * Typing the 6 digits serial number to the search form (half-width) will show you the result. It will say “The EF-X500 (Serial No.###### ) needs firmware upgrade” or “The EF-X500 (Serial No.###### ) does not need firmware upgrade”.
- * The serial number is described on the flash (see image on right).
Please do not try to take out the battery while it’s hot. Turn the Flash power off and wait until the battery cools down.
<How to upgrade the firmware>
- 1. For EF-X500 owners who have X-T1, X-T2 or X-Pro2.
Update the firmware for X-T1, X-T2 or X-Pro2 first, then upgrade the firmware for EF-X500.