Mr Blue | Apr 10, 2018 | 0
Nikon AF-P Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 ED VR Lens Announced
Nikon have announced their latest zoom lens for FX format cameras, the Nikon AF-P Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 ED VR. This is an updated version of an already popular lens featuring a number of improvements to both design and functionality:
- Improved Vibration Reduction (VR) System: The new AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm lens provides users with up to 4.5 stops* of VR stabilization, to help create sharp photos and smooth video, even in low light or while handheld. Users can choose from either Normal or Sport VR Modes for added stability when shooting from a non-stationary location.
- Lightweight with Stepping Motor Technology: This AF-P lens uses a stepping motor for fast and quiet autofocus, which reduces the sound of lens operation while recording HD or 4K UHD video. This new technology also contributes to the lens’ reduced weight, making it easy to carry on all-day excursions.
- Electronic Diaphragm: This lens takes advantage of the fast burst speed of Nikon DSLR cameras, as the Electronic Diaphragm not only provides smooth exposure transitions during video capture, but also helps maintain consistent exposure during high-speed shooting, such as when photographing sports.
- Get Close: The AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm lens features a minimum focus distance of only 3.94 ft. (1.2 meters) and a reproduction ratio of 0.25x, letting users get even closer to capture the most extravagant details, even at 300mm.
- Lens Construction: The lens features dust and drip resistance, along with a metal lens mount for durability. It features a 9-blade diaphragm for a natural, circular bokeh. The lens also features an ED element to significantly reduce instances of chromatic aberration.
The Nikon AF-P Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 ED VR will be available for pre-order soon and will cost $699.90, a hefty bump over the $500 of the outgoing lens. Pre-order links will be added when they become available.
Nikon releases the AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR, a telephoto zoom lens compatible with the Nikon FX format
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR, a telephoto zoom lens compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras.
The AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR is an approximately 4.3x telephoto zoom lens that covers a broad range of focal lengths — up to 300mm. Adoption of a stepping motor ensures fast, quiet, and smooth AF drive, especially beneficial when used for movie recordings.
The lens is also equipped with a vibration reduction (VR) function that provides a level of compensation equivalent to a 4.5-stop increase in shutter speed. In addition, the SPORT mode normally reserved for super-telephoto lenses has also been built into the VR function. This helps to stabilize the image displayed in the viewfinder, making it easy for photographers to compose their shots as intended, even when photographing scenes such as sporting events in which the subject moves quickly and erratically.
Despite the fact that the AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR is a telephoto zoom lens that covers a broad range of focal lengths up to 300mm, its lightweight design ensures a weight of approximately 680 g (measured in accordance with CIPA standards) that gives it superior portability, and enables nimble, hand-held telephoto photography. Resistance to dust and drips was taken into consideration with the design of this lens, as was the user’s comfort and ease of use when a smooth operational feel was achieved for the focus and zoom rings.
When used with a DX-format camera, the AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR supports a maximum focal length equivalent to 450mm in 35mm  format, making it easy to utilize the agility of the DX-format to enjoy telephoto photography.
The AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR will satisfy the shooting intent of a broad range of users of both FX- and DX-format cameras looking to enjoy effortless and comfortable telephoto photography with superior image quality, performance, and agility.
- Support for the 70-300mm range of focal lengths, which allows users to enjoy high-magnification telephoto photography
- Stepping motor adopted for AF drive operation for fast, quiet, and smooth autofocusing
- NORMAL and SPORT modes built into the VR mechanism that offers vibration compensation effect equivalent to a 4.5-stop increase in shutter speed
- Designed with consideration of dust and drip resistance
- ED glass element adopted to suppress chromatic aberration for superior optical performance
- Focus and zoom rings that rotate smoothly for a comfortable operational feel
- A minimum focus distance of 1.2 m and a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.25x make shooting at close distances possible
- Electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism adopted for extremely precise aperture control