Mr Blue | Apr 10, 2018 | 0
Further GoPro HERO 6 Black Details Emerge
Further details of the forthcoming GoPro Hero 6 have emerged today, including new images of the new action camera. The GoPro Hero 5 replacement faces some stiff competition these days so it is surprising to see GoPro playing it almost entirely safe this time, with only minor revisions to the outgoing camera, more of a GoPro 5.1 if you ask me!
Capture crystal-clear slow-mo and high-speed action. The GoPro Hero6 Black is a performance camera with deep magic inside the box. It can shoot in 4K at 60 frames per second or 1080P at 240 frames per second. When you’re wearing bulky gloves or need both hands to control the action, use voice control to start and stop recording, or to snap a photo while filming. The integrated GPS chip tags footage with path, speed, elevation and more to create engaging edits with data overlays. Noise reduction and video stabilization give you clear audio and non-jerky footage. And you don’t need a waterproof case to tackle muddy trails, powder days or undersea adventures – the Hero6 Black is waterproof up to 10 metres. When you’re done shooting, use Quick™, the GoPro editing app, to fine-tune your masterpiece.
- 2-inch touchscreen features intuitive navigation and on-the-fly controls.
- Expanded voice control lets you take images, or start and pause recording, without stopping or taking off your gloves.
- WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity makes for fast, easy file transfer.
- 5GHz WiFi offers data transfer 3x faster than previous models.
- GP1 processor provides improved image quality and stabilization.
- Internal GPS tracks your location, path, speed and elevation.
- Compatible with MicroSD cards up to 128GB.
- Burst mode allows up to 30 frames per second at 12MP.
- Take pictures even while filming in most resolutions.
- Video resolution and frame-rate options are 4K at 60fps, 2.7K at 120fps, 1440P at 60fps, 1080P at 240fps, and 720P at 60fps.
- ProTune controls exposure, white balance, ISO and more, with a live preview window to see what’s happening.
- 3 microphones reduce wind noise and unwanted sounds.
- Advanced video stabilization takes out shakiness by cropping 10% of the full-resolution file.
- Auto image rotation speeds up editing.
- Enhanced low-light performance for alpine starts and epic dawn-to-dusk rides.
- Waterproof up to 10m out-of-the-box, no additional housing required.
- RAW and WDR photo options offer flexibility in post-production.
- HDMI port allows for instant sharing.
- QuikStories lets you generate automatic video edits right on your phone.
- GoPro app, available for both mobile and desktop, allows editing, data overlay, camera control and more.
|Instant on-record switch||Yes|
|Dimensions||6.2 x 3.3 x 4.4cm|
Maximum memory capacity
|Interface||USB and Wireless|
|Data card||microSD card (not included)|
|GPS image tagging||Yes|
Laser image alignment
|Batteries||Lithium-ion 1220mAh (included)|
|Still photo mode||Yes|
|Tripod mount||Sold separately|
Expect the GoPro Hero6 to land within the next few weeks.